Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Date Has Been Set

I am not really sure how I feel about it yet. It means a lot of different things for me and our family. Matt will be leaving for Officer Training School on January 13, 2009. That date seems really soon all of the sudden. After he leaves, I will still be here by myself for a while. Probably at least 4 months if not longer. I am so proud of him and for his willingness to serve this country. Also, getting his commission as an officer is huge. All of it will be an adventure I am sure.

I just feel sick more than anything else. Sometimes great things are scary at first. I am just not as strong as I would like other people to think I am or as I would like to tell myself I am.

All I can do is pray.

7 comments:

Danielle and Fam said...

Hey!!! You are one of the bravest gals I know. Things are going to work out great. Keep us updated

Jennikunz said...

oh, just across onthe other side of the ward... not far.. Same ward. Call me

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

I bet you're a lot stonger than you think you are! If you need anything when he leaves, please let us know. It's hard being the only parent.

Jen said...

Where is he going to be stationed at?

The Shill Spill said...

Congrats...and go get 'em, ey? You'll do great...and just think...you've got good people around...for at least a little while, anyway! :) No worries!

Mich said...

It's hard to be away from the people you love and change can be hard too. I hope that the time will go quickly for you. If I can help you out with anything let me know.

Allyson said...

My thoughts are with you honey! You are one tough cookie, you can do it!