Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Elleigh, Elleigh, Elleigh


She is so funny to me. All children come up with the funniest things but I have to share some of Elleigh's latest ones. Whenever she meets a new friend, at the park or at "the inside park" as she calls Carl's Jr. or McDonald's, instead of saying that she made a new friend, she says that she made up a new friend. I could fix her small error but it makes me smile ever time I think about it. I am not ready for it to change.
She has also been obsessed with her birthday lately since it is in a few weeks. She wants to know who can come and what they will be wearing. She is also constantly trying to feed everyone that comes to our house and she loves to "cook" Sophie dinner all of the time. So she is very worried about what people will be eating at her party and if she will have enough food.

(Little side story about my little chef: At Christmas time we were going to see Santa at the Festival of Trees. She was so excited and was telling me every hour what she was going to say to Santa. She would also ask me over and over how it was going to work. Where would Santa be sitting? How does he know that we want to talk to him? Is he wearing a red suit? All sorts of things. So a few minutes before we were leaving I asked Elleigh what she had in her hands. She had a plastic grocery sack full of things. She showed me that she had put together a lunch for Santa so that he wouldn't go hungry. She had put a piece of bread, a handful of marshmallows, a hand full of raisins, a little pack of fruit snacks and a small orange. She said to me with all of the concern she could muster that she didn't want Santa to go hungry because he would be waiting all day to see all of the kids and he wouldn't have time to eat. I just couldn't tell her that Santa wouldn't want her snack so I let her bring it. When we got there at reached the beginning of the line, I explained to one of the elves the lunch situation. He thought it was sooo cute. He told Santa about it and the cute man couldn't have been cuter! Santa took the lunch from her and expressed his extreme gratitude for her thoughtfulness. He told her that she was the first child all day to think of him in that way. You should have seen her beam at that! When they were taking the picture of Santa and the girls, the elf took the sack from Santa's hand so that it wouldn't be in the picture but Santa told him to make sure that he didn't lose it because he was looking forward to eating it later. Which of course made Elleigh beam all over again! Anyway, sorry about the Christmas story in April but I didn't have a blog at Christmas time)

So Elleigh is always worried about people being hungry....I promise I feed her often. I don't know where the worry comes from. I promised her that everyone would be fed. So lately when I ask her what she wants for her birthday, after makeup she has informed me today that she wants a 5 year old husband. She wants me to give him a ring so that he can ask her to marry him. When I told her she couldn't get married at 5 years old, she came back with, "Yes I can mom, I am old enough now!" and there was no changing her mind! She just wants someone her size to go to the ball with and dance any time she wants. She doesn't understand why this is such a hard request and was a little frustrated when I was laughing. Most of the time I can keep a straight face at the time only to laugh really hard with Matt later but this one was too much.

2 comments:

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

Elleigh is so cute and so smart. I have loved watching her grow up and I missed her cute comments when you moved away (so glad that you are back!) I still laugh at the comments she made to me when you and Matt were on the cruise. She is so funny!

Jennikunz said...

I'll send Colby over on her birthday... he likes that she makes him food, they could be a perfect match!