Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wow! What a difference a Weekend Can Make!

Ok so my last post was a little depressing and I got a lot of phone calls about it. Which I appreciate it more than you will ever know! However, things have taken an interesting turn! On Friday last, Matt called me out of now where saying that he got a raise at his job! It seriously came out of nowhere and it is going to help take some of the pressure off! It was not the promotion he had been hoping for but the company is struggling a little right now and it was what they could do for now and there may be more to come! This was an unbelievable surprise and I cried a lot out of gratitude that day. It doesn't really take us out of situation but it does help. Sooooo then I had a performance this weekend in St. George with this Celtic Choir called Citrine that I am in. It was a lot of fun and a good girls trip with late night talks and fun girly movies! Also, the performance went really well and people went nuts and wanted to buy our CD's and stuff! If we had our CD's yet that would have been great! We will have to get on that.
Anyway, so then I get a text early Sunday morning from Matt that says "Call me!" So since it was Sunday, I wasn't sure what to expect! So I call and he tells me that he has been accepted to the Officer program with the Airforce! I have no idea why they chose to call him on a Sunday but this was huge news!!! He was so excited and I was to but it made me want to throw up. He has no more information than this....just that he is accepted and they will give him more information in the next week. He will have to go to Officer Training School for 12 weeks and then Tech School after that. Unfortunately, we don't get to go with him to OTS. This is that hard part. However, if we can get through that then we can really move on to some good things and a better career! I was sad that I was in St. George and I couldn't scream and jump up and down with him but it was a great thing to come home to! It feels really nice to be accepted!!
So for now this doesn't really change anything. We don't have any idea when he will leave or where we will go after he is done but it gives us something to look forward to and a real path that we are excited about. There are so many benefits to being an officer like officer housing and no house payment (yeah yeah yeah) and food allowance and full health insurance with no copay and life insurance and lots and lots of other benefits! I am sure that we will find it worth it. Moving will be hard but I am also excited to experience new places and the experiences that will come with it!
So I will keep you all updated on when he goes and when I will be a single mother for awhile. We are still dealing with the here and now but it changes everything to know that finally some of the work has paid off!!!!
I love you all!

14 comments:

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Hello! K - so I was going to reply after I thought of something to help you out & I never did! Sorry! You know I would keep your girls forever if I could, but I didn't know how I could with my current situation (Teacher by day, lazy housewife by night ;)) and my future situation (secret!) I am so glad that Matt got accepted! That's so awesome! We'll celebrate Saturday if our date night is still on! Whoo Hoo! I will absolutely miss you guys if you move! :(

. said...

Hurray for you guys!!! We will have to celebrate soon. Millissa

Lisa said...

congratulations!! I'm glad some things are working out for you guys and you can be a little less stressed!

rebecca said...

It's amazing how fast things can change! I was just thinking how you were just sitting next to me at lunch last Wednesday, telling me how you were hoping he would get accepted to something else in the Air Force and now he has!!! Wow! You just never know what's around the corner, but it always works out in the end :) I'll call you about helping with your girls :)

lindseyj said...

Congrats!!!

Meet LittleButty said...

Hey congratulations guys!! That's awesome news. Now I am going to have to post a message about how depressed I will be over you guys moving out of state? :(
That will make going to dinner on the weekends a little more difficult.

itsahalesofalife said...

I am so glad you had some prayers answered!! I know everything will work out for you and your family. Only sad thing will be leaving the state. Besure to keep us all informed

Danielle and Fam said...

Hey!!! That's good news right? Things change so quickly. I'm glad to hear that you both are meeting some of your goals. Too bad I didn't know you were in St. George, since that is where I live. I would have loved to hear your concert. Hope things just get better and better and you better call me the next time you head down to Southern Utah...Promise?!

Becky Slivka said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad things are going to work out in the end - as the yalsways seem to, but I hate getting to that point. It couldn't have happened to nicer people.

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

Congratulations, Matt!! We are very excited for you, (and sad to be losing you as neighbors...again)!

Mendenhall Madness said...

I'm so glad Matt got in thats GREAT!!! sweetie, you will be fine while Matt is gone (If I can do it so can you)It will be a little tuff the first few days, but you will be suprised how you will just learn to deal with it. You and I can be single mom buddies...lots of phone calls, and we can exchange some tips to. When we are all said and done with Jeromy's rotations (in 16 weeks) I will have been on my own for over 6 months crazy huh!! I hope I get to make it back to Utah so we can play before you guys up and move.
Congrats on the great show too, that's awsome....Miss ya

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Hey! So I am bringing chocolate covered, marshmallow covered brownies & strawberry shortcake tonight :) I had to buy strawberries at Costco so Trent threw in the mini Angel food cakes.I'll text you when we are leaving RC Willey. :)

Sarie said...

Wow. That's great! Keep us all posted on any new news! The 12 weeks will be killer, but it'll go by fast hopefully. Just blog every day so we can support you!

Andy and Jodi said...

Great news!! YOu are in our prayers. I am glad to hear that things are looking up. The Lord is mindful of you!
Jodi