Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Modern Conveniences!


Oh how I love my fridge and the ice maker it contains! Last week we found that everything in our fridge was getting progressively warmer and we didn't know why! The lights were still working and it seemed that the fridge was still kicking on but by the end of the day things were still not getting any colder. So we tried everything we knew how to do and nothing improved. Luckily Matt got a little fridge from his dad's work that we could use to store the little stuff in until we could figure out the problem. Matt cleaned the compressor and the fridge was working again......well for a few hours anyway. Finally we decided that it was time to break down and call some help. We got a service technician scheduled but it was going to take them a WEEK to come out!! Have you guys tried to live without a fridge and ice for a week lately?! Oh how attached I am to my wonderful modern appliances that make life a bit easier. They finally came today and the defroster was the problem. So $100 dollars later we now have a working fridge! We should be able to use it again in 24 hours! I am so glad that we were able to fix it easily....but wow, how truly dependent I am on these types of things. Also, my straightner has died on me after being in my luggage on the plane. Oh whoa is me! I love my straightner and I miss it terribly.

5 comments:

Lizz Pizza said...

So who contacted you?? That sucks that weirdo's have to ruin these things!!! Have a great practice tomorrow! I will be in bed "recovering"!

Danielle and Fam said...

I LOVE ICE and I would die without my fridge~

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

I am so glad that your fridge is fixed. Feel free to borrow my straight iron anytime you need it! :)

Chastina said...

My neighbor got a brand new Maytag fridge but it wouldn't cool. To make a long story short; it took several weeks for the fridge to get fixed. Meanwhile she's making trips to her garage, where she luckily had another fridge, and using a cooler. We all wonder where are the Maytag repair people who have "nothing to do"? I'm glad your's was fixed fairly fast. :)

Mich said...

Maurina had to get a new fridge a few months ago. Her's was slowly getting warmer too. Her's wasn't worth fixing though, it must have been from the 60's, although I'm not certain. It was duct taped together though and had lots of missing plastic drawers and things, it was strange. Her new fridge is really nice and has an ice maker too, I really love her ice maker.